Who Is Training the Community Based Lawyer of the Future?
This session will examine the training of future lawyers and explore the question as to how regulators can ensure that high sufficient high quality and competent lawyers are trained who will serve the diverse and varied needs of communities. Topics that will be considered include:
- Do we need to be lawyers in the first place- the Utah Sandbox experience?
- Capital City Centric training and its impact on the profession and delivery of legal services.
- Are we failing the family lawyer of the future?
- Alison Hook, Director of Trade and Regulatory Affairs, Hook Tangaza
- Anita Parkash, Senior Director, Legal Education Cluster, Singapore Academy of Law
- Mark Woods, Tyler Tipping and Woods
- Kimitoshi Yabuki, President, Tokyo Bar Association
- Brian Doherty, Chief Executive Officer, Legal Service Regulatory Authority