Legal Education in a Post Covid World- Shaking the Assumptions but Now What?
This session will explore the ongoing impact of the Covid pandemic on legal education and training across several jurisdictions. It will consider the innovations that have been put in place to deliver legal education, examinations, and apprenticeships and will also look at areas where more work and research is required to consider the long-term impact of the pandemic restrictions on newly qualified lawyers. The format of the session will be a round table discussion with representatives from at least 5 jurisdictions taking questions from a moderator on the impact of Covid on legal education in their jurisdiction. Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- Training lawyers to manage a blended working model practice.
- Training Virtual Court Skills.
- New Lawyers New Tech.
- Medical Fragility and the Impact of Covid.
- Remote Supervision of Trainees and Articling.
- Diploma Privileges and Exemptions- The importance or not of serving an apprenticeship.
- Recruiting, socializing and training lawyers remotely.