Interview With the Regulators: Who Do We Regulate and Why?
This session will explore how we identify the regulated population, licensing and registration processes in different jurisdictions, how we regulate lawyer and non-lawyer business models, how we ensure compliance with regulatory standards and innovations in regulatory practice. The fundamental question raised in this session is how we can be sure that we are regulating the right people?
- Patricia Schwartz, Disciplinary Counsel, Office of Disciplinary Counsel, Supreme Court of Delaware
- John Elliot, Director of Regulation and Registrar of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland
- Frans Knüppe, President, Netherlands Bar
- Merete Smith, Secretary General, The Norwegian Bar Association
- Rachel Wood, Executive Director of Regulation, Law Society of Scotland
- John McKenzie, Commissioner NSW, Office of the Legal Services